Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Conference II

Dear Friends,

It has been several months since I got a peep out of my readers on the Badi List, Blog, and I was beginning to wonder if there were any readers left. After a while one becomes convinced that one can say whatever one wants and there will be no effect, good or bad. I have been disabused of that today. I will share parts of the responses with you, anonymously. But first, a friend sent a link to some online photographs of the event:
 
 
Here is the first response:

thanks for your musings/ account of the inter-institutional conference this past week, John. Made me laugh (in agreement) in places. On the first evening, a couple of us sitting at the side were similarly distracted in nervous anticipation of the podium falling over! and the open mouth... great description. So too the illuminations of the counseller, gave me a better appreciation for what Ruhi is supposed to do... (why then were we forced into the 'Ruhi rush' a couple of years ago? do I remember book 6? book 7? all a blur now).

Respondent number two wrote in part:

"Dear John, consider this.  Who appointed Dan Scott?  How much is he paid?  Would you want the job?  What if Dan Scott has a disability that is responsible for some of the behaviors you describe..."

I had assumed that this was a mannerism that the speaker might get rid of with a little coaching. If it is the result of a disability it would be indeed a cruel comment on my part. As the master said, in referring to personalities, silence is best. I tried in the last paragraph to expiate my lack of silence but it looks like I have the hundred years of fire to look look forward to that is the fate of abusers of the tongue.





--
John Taylor

badijet@gmail.com

No comments: