Saturday, January 31, 2009

On Getting Raised up

On Getting Raised Up in the Month of Sultan


"And when Thou didst purpose to unveil Thy sovereignty, and to glorify Thy word, and to reveal Thy bounteousness and mercy, Thou didst raise up one of Thy servants, and didst choose Him above all Thy creatures, and didst single Him out for Thy purpose, and didst clothe Him with the robe of Thy guidance, and didst immerse Him beneath the seas of Thy majesty and grandeur, and didst sanctify Him from all that beseemeth not the greatness of Thy glory and the power of Thy might, and didst bid Him to cry out before all that are in heaven and on earth, and summon the multitudes to the Manifestation of Thy Self and the Revealer of Thy signs." (Baha'u'llah, Prayers and Meditations, 96-97)





The world's oldest scripture:

"Erect, preserve us from sore trouble; with thy flame burn thou each ravening demon dead. Raise thou us up that we may walk and live. So thou shalt find our worship mid the Gods." Vedas, Rig Veda, Book 1, Verse 14)


You Raised Me Up (Song, Act of God)

"Moses came during a time of darkness, when ignorance and childishness prevailed amongst the people, and they were waverers. ... He raised up the people from their degradation and caused them to be highly honoured. He taught them Sciences and Arts, trained them in civilization and increased their human virtues." (Abdu'l-Baha in London, p. 44)





"This is indeed the eternal Truth which God, the Ancient of Days, hath revealed unto His omnipotent Word -- He Who hath been raised up from the midst of the Burning Bush." (The Bab, Selections, 41)





Lyrics: You raise me up

When I am down and so oh my soul so weary
When troubles come and my heart burdened be
Then I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit awhile with me

You raise me up so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up...to more than I can be





"And they swear by Allah with the most energetic of their oaths: Allah will not raise up him who dies. Yea! it is a promise binding on Him, quite true, but most people do not know." (Qur'an 16:38, Shakir tr.)

No comments: