Friday, January 28, 2011

Can you believe it?

JANUARY 28, 2011

Internet Essay Teaching Opportunity

I was just listening to Arnold Toynbee's Credo on the old radio program "This I believe," and found that it is now a web site on which you can submit your own essay. The guidelines for writing it are at:

 

http://thisibelieve.org/guidelines/

 

I did a search for the word "Baha'i" and found only a few references, listed below. Maybe some of the readers of this blog would be interested in submitting their own credos.

 

I also did a search for "Bill Sears," since he mentions in God Loves Laughter (a book that I have read aloud seven times to my son, who continues to pester me to read it yet again) that he recorded his own segment for "This I Believe," back in the 1950's sometime. Evidently they do not have the Hand's recording up on the site yet. If anybody knows more about this, please let me know.

 

Fasting: More Than Just Skipping Lunch « Katy | This I Believe 9 Oct 2008 ... It was the first of nineteen days when I wouldn't eat or drink from sunrise to sunset as part of the Baha'i Fast, a fast that I would ... thisibelieve.org/essay/51041/

 

I Quit Carrying a Gun « Robert Powers | This I Believe 5 Mar 2010 ... And from Baha'i—“The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens”—I became aware that my prejudices had always imprisoned, ... thisibelieve.org/essay/16903/

 

A Sustaining Force of Humanity « Aleah | This I Believe 26 May 2005 ... Inspired by a Baha'i friend, I have concluded that a faith is true to its believers, and every person must find his or her perfect fit. ... thisibelieve.org/essay/2869/

 

This I Believe « Anisa | This I Believe 26 May 2005 ... I was born into a Baha'i family and its spiritual beliefs were placed upon me as I began memorizing prayers and learning virtues that I ... thisibelieve.org/essay/2881/

 

This I Believe « Karen | This I Believe 18 Sep 2007 ... I write today not only as a Baha'i but as a mother and educator ... (from the writings of Abdu'l-Baha, leader of the Baha'i Faith 1892-1921) ... thisibelieve.org/essay/32896/

 

This I Believe « vernyce | This I Believe 25 Oct 2005 ... One summer Larry and I were both attending a Baha'i summer school in Michigan. My twin brother Vern and I began our mornings cleaning and ... thisibelieve.org/essay/7485/

 

This I Believe « Darrell | This I Believe 7 Nov 2005 ... This time it was Religions of the World and I learned about Baha'i, Sikhism, Jainism, etc. It was Information overload. ... thisibelieve.org/essay/7765/

No comments: